January 19, 2014
I moved from Phoenix to Portland on my own, exactly 1 year ago & this is what it has taught me…
– You can do anything you put your mind to
– Drawbridges are pretty freakin’ cool
– Coffee and beer is a way of life out here
– Being homesick and getting through it creates a growth within you, you could never experience otherwise
– The creative and tech community is just as amazing if not better than you could ever imagine (thank you all for being so welcoming!)
– Walking a goat is a thing
– You will never, ever, ever get a tan
– Umbrellas aren’t a thing when it rains. Bringing an extra change of clothes with you is the thing.
– Everyone smiles at you in Portland
– THE GRATEFUL DEAD, Marvin Gaye & James Brown and I have hung out at the same place (The Crystal Ballroom)
– Life isn’t always easy – but it’s important to always keep working your plan and to keep revisiting and adjusting your goals as needed… You have control over how you live your life, make the best of it!
Thank you for reading!